Begins May 2019
Free Pittsburgh Walking Tours is looking for a charismatic walking tour guide to show people around downtown Pittsburgh. You’ll lead groups of up to 20 people around downtown, telling them about the history of Pittsburgh and sharing interesting facts about the city over the course of 90 minutes.
Why be a tour guide with us?
- Giving tours is fun!
- Higher pay than any other Pittsburgh tour company
- Flexible hours
- Creative freedom
- We’re a small company so your voice will always be heard and you’ll be able to make a difference
Here’s what we care about the most in an applicant
- In-depth knowledge of Pittsburgh history and modern day Pittsburgh (or willingness to learn)
- Reliability (you’re early to every tour, communicate your availability clearly to management, things like that)
- Excellent communicator
- Able and willing to walk in hot, cold and rainy weather for around 90 minutes.
- Previous tour guide experience preferred but not required.
- Paid, hands-on training is provided.
- This can be a summer only job but preference will be given to applicants who want to give tours year round.
If you’re interested, send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org